J and J

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Do I get paid extra for this?

My teaching has been going generally good. It is very busy and there are more meetings to go to than I could have imagined. For the most part the kids are really nice and I have enjoyed them. I do have a kinda crappy home room full of 8th graders that don't want to participant in anything right now, but I am dealing with it.
I have 3 sections of 6th graders who i really really enjoy. They are all so little and always excited to be in class (especially on the computers). The hardest part has just been settling them down to get things done, but it has been going really well. They are used to elementary and ask a lot of things. One girl asks me every day is she have have a Kleenex, even though I have told her she can help herself, she still asks. Last Friday was the first school dance. (Which is not too much of a dance, it is actually held from 2:40-4:30 and includes dancing, ping pong and basketball) The sixth graders were to excited to go. Some of the girls were even all dresses up, it was cute!!!
Well today.... Today a sixth grade student did something I was not AT ALL prepared for...he threw up. All over the floor, the desk, the keyboard, and himself. Suddenly the students were in an uproar all running away from the poor kid. He was obviously not feeling well and now completely embarrassed. After moving the seating chart and getting the sick kid down the nurse, I was not feeling well. I do not have a strong stomach at all and just the site of it was making me gag. I had not idea how I was going to clean this up or continue with class (class had just started) I had all the kids get typing as I preceded to cover the mess with piles and piles of paper towels to soak it up and cover the sight.
I waited until the students left to finish cleaning it up so we could go on with class, and so they didn't have to watch me as I struggled to hold it in.
SO I really really hope this never happens again!!! Apparently 11 year olds don't know how to run to the bathroom or at least the garbage can!!
Ah the joys of middle school

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home