J and J

Thursday, September 06, 2007

Well it has started…. SCHOOL!

I have made it through three days as a teacher, and they for the most part went pretty well. This quarter I am teaching three sections of 6th graders, one of 8th graders and a homeroom also of 8th graders. I am plenty busy! Most of the kids have been great. I definitely notice a difference in the energy level from high school last year and the middle school. The kids cannot sit still! This is an issue with the soft, rolling, spinning office chair they sit on.
I am kind of isolated in the school, my classroom is on the third floor and only one other teacher is up there. Fortunately it is Jalane, who I knew from the U before we started the jobs. Everyone has been really nice which is helpful.
I am sure I will have more to share about my job later.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home