J and J

Monday, July 23, 2007

Cable, Internet and Sincliar Lewis

Jon and I have decided to bite the bullet and get cable and internet in our apartment last week. It has going very well. Since I am supposed to be enjoying my summer break, I have been getting pretty bored. Now at least I have several (I mean a ridiculous amount) TV channels to check out while I think about what I should do today and can check my email way too often.

I would have thought this part of my summer, after I am done with classes but before I start my job, would be great. Unfortunately I have determined I don’t know how to just sit around and relax, I always want to be doing something. Since I am home alone all day (Jon actually does work!!) I get a little antsy.

Although the weekdays get a bit long for me, the weekends continue to be busy! This past weekend Jon and I went to Sauk Centre for Sinclair Lewis Days. I have always loved the festivities and wanted Jon to check it out also. Joe, Sadie, Jerod and Fox we also all home, so it was a full house. Friday night we hit up the fireworks, which was very nice. Saturday morning the girls went shopping! Crazy days and a craft fair kept us busy uptown all morning. I got a quite a few good deals and even picked up some fun grab bags! Saturday evening was the parade which was really good (but long) We got tons of candy which was pretty awesome sine the last two parades Jon and I have gone to we probably got a total of 5 pieces of candy. After the parade we hit up the pie social at my church, I have never gone to this event before but it was a lot of fun and everyone had some good pie. Well not everyone Jerod didn’t find any he liked and then blamed me for taking the last piece of cheesecake and Sarah just had the ice cream. Joe and Jon liked the pie so much they had seconds!
So overall it was a really fun weekend and I am glad we got to go to Sinclair Lewis Days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home