J and J

Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Busy Weekends Continue

I have one week left of my summer classes and very excited to be done!! In this week I still have to complete a final test, 5 page paper and a take home final. Then I am home free…. Well at least until I take my final masters course next Spring.

Two weekends ago, Jon and I discovered it is difficult to get pretty much anywhere from our apartment when something is going on at the fair grounds, which means we can’t wait for the long state fair! There was a back to the 50s car show with 11,000 cars, plus all of the spectators. It was crazy! We also decided to go to a St Paul Saints game that weekend. It was a good time. Lots of activities and contests going on throughout the game. It was super busy, probably since they play at Midway stadium, right next to the fair grounds. They had record attendance with over 6,900 people, and the stadium capacity is 6,500… so general admission sections (where we were) was packed! The Saints played St. Joseph Missouri and won by about 10.

Last weekend we headed to my parents house in Sauk Centre for the Homme Family Christmas. Yes we do understand that it really isn’t Christmas time, but with the busy holiday time my mom’s side of the family have moved their celebration to the summer. It has been going on for over 5 years now and seems to be working out pretty well. Although getting out the Christmas decorations and making cookies still feels a little odd in late June. It was a good time. This is the first time my mom hosted it, so it was nice to only have to go to Sauk Centre instead of way up north! There was a great turn out, about 35 people or so. We played basketball and badminton as well as doing a gift exchange. I again was not even close to winning any award in the purse contest, but still participated. I also ended up bringing home the gift I brought for the women’s gift exchange, which was fine because I liked it!! I think Jon had a good time too, although he is still not used to the summer Christmas concept or the large family gatherings! He did not take his own gift home, and ended up with Scene It, Sports edition. We tried it out the other night, it is actually a lot of fun, of course he knew a lot more than me, but I held my own!

This week is July 4th, so tomorrow Jon and I are going with Joe, Sadie, Fox, Abe and some girl to the parade in Afton. Jon and I went with Joe and Sadie last year and it turned out pretty good for the two of us, so I thought we should go again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home