J and J

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Update Requested

The Beav wants to hear some teaching stories. Well nothing to crazy has happened so far, which is good. I did get a few new students and I would love to comment about their names, but I am afraid the names are unique enough that they would find this if googled.
I do now know all of the student’s names… Only had a minor set back when I called one student by the wrong name for two days, I thought he was somebody else and therefore completely embarrassed myself towards the special ed staff talking about the wrong kids.

I have been able to handle the few smart-alecs so far… It may not seem like it but I am pretty tough, I can hold my own. After teaching swimming and lifeguarding for 8 years I have had my share of problem kids and I don’t take crap.

Of course most of the kids are great and pay attention. Some of them look sooo bored, and sometimes fall asleep. But overall I really like my class.

We had our first quiz last week and this week even watch Oprah!!
I often tell Jon what is going on with the kids and he has determined he is completely out of touch with kids these days! He laughed at my and gave me looks when I took out my star stickers when grading homework. But the students who received the stars loved them!! So I guess this means Jon is getting old… Fortunately I am still young (and maybe in touch)!

4 Comments:

  • Sounds like the teaching is going well. I'm glad you don't take any crap!! but I still can't imagine you being too tough.
    Anyway--what we really want to hear is an update about your latest kitchen experiments. Did you ever get that whatever-it-is that you ordered as seen on TV? I want a progress report on how it works. Is it trash or worth the cash?
    Love, Mom H.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/08/2007 9:04 PM  

  • Stars rock! Jon's just too far removed to understand.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/08/2007 9:27 PM  

  • I've seen the tough side! Everybody likes rewards, even the "cool" kids.
    Keep it up!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2/08/2007 9:44 PM  

  • and... no update on the chia pet hippo?

    c'mon!

    glad teaching is going well but am a bit concerned that if my 26 year-old brother is out of touch, then as his older sister, i must be hopelessly beyond touch! ;-)

    By Blogger hh, at 2/09/2007 1:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home