J and J

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Little Bro



Jerod will never look the same! He underwent surgery today on both his upper and lower jaw. He told me Sunday he was going to take a picture of himself since he was told his looks would be changing. So I posted pics too! (the pics are not too recent since Jerod chooses to no longer smile in pictures with braces, Hopefully everything will work out and he will get them removed before June 14th!) I am pretty sure the changes will be subtle, but it will be quite a while before the swelling goes down. Surgery went as planned today. He will be returning home tomorrow to begin his 8 week recovery, which includes a few weeks of liquid diet and eventually a soft diet.
Jon and I are going to visit this weekend to hang out as Jerod sits around getting waited on, while watching TV, Movies and playing Video games!
Jerod can now join the Tough-Ass Surgery Club along with Jacque and Jon!!! Welcome Jerod, you will have these memories for a lifetime.

We are thinking happy thoughts for Jerod (who now may be banned from the baseball hall of fame due to steroid usage!)

3 Comments:

  • Surgery went well and the little fella came thru just great. Tough kid! Now only one more kid to join the surgery club and that will be a real test.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/08/2008 11:29 PM  

  • You never know. He has those wisdom teeth, still. But is that tough-ass enough to get him into the club? Lots of people have wisdom teeth out.

    Can I be in the club? I had hyrnia surgery on my belly when I was a baby. It's a less intense surgery, I am sure, but I score bonus points for having been a baby.

    Oh, wait--what am I talking about? I had a cesarian not even a year ago! That was pretty painful.

    I am totally in. Right? Please?

    By Blogger Cruelty-Free Mommy, at 1/14/2008 10:55 PM  

  • I would say you are in for the cesarian, but I'm the club's newest member so I don't know how much say I have.

    Joe will have to wait. He has to go to the dentist sooner or later, right?

    By Blogger J-Rod, at 1/16/2008 10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home