J and J

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Wedding Planning

Jon and I have had a pretty busy week full of work and wedding planning (ok mostly me, but I always talk to Jon about it). Last Sunday my mom and I went to a wedding show in St. Cloud. It is always fun to see all of the ideas and try to win a few prizes. I haven't heard anything yet, but I am sure they will be calling soon about my amazing free prizes! We also saw a fashion show that was fun but turned out to be very long! Wedding fashion shows are beautiful and all, but lets try to keep them under an hour! It was probably getting a bit much for my mom and me since I already have my dress and picked out bridesmaid dresses. We did get to try some great cake samples too!

Monday I went to meet with my seamstress! I have been extremely anxious about this, since I need to have what I feel are significant alterations done to my dress. The lady was very nice and is planning on doing my dress in stages so I can see the results ,try it on, and move on to the next step. So I only have to wait 2 weeks to go back in and check out the first changes!

Wednesday evening Jon and I went to meet with someone about video taping our wedding. She was great and showed us several samples of her work. She videos from 2 camera and edits it into a really neat film. She also does a highlight reel. So we decided to do this! It is definitely going to be worth it to have a great professional video to keep forever!

Saturday we have another meeting with the Pastor at church, so that is always fun...

AND GUESS WHAT!!!
I just convinced Jon to take dance lessons with me! I really did not think he would agree but he did and I already signed us up, so no turning back now!!! It is Ballroom Dance-Level 1 through the local community ed. It doesn't start until the end of February, but I am already excited (and nervous)

Well we are keeping busy here, every week getting more stuff completed and more decisions made for the big day which is now less than 5 months away!
Thats all for now

4 Comments:

  • Dance lessons?! I didn't know we were trying to be professionals. I would have enrolled in some dance classes at school if I would have known. I guess I'll have to stick with practicing in the privacy of my own bedroom.

    See ya tomorrow!

    By Blogger J-Rod, at 1/18/2008 10:40 AM  

  • Jon Hazelwood or Jon Travolta? Which one is in dance class with you?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/18/2008 11:32 AM  

  • I am sure at the wedding dance you will be mistaking Jon Hazelwood for Jon Travolta after these miraculous dance lessons!

    By Blogger Partly Cloudy and Pleasant, at 1/18/2008 1:22 PM  

  • dance lessons for jon hazelwood? well - i never... ~hththtr

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1/26/2008 12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home